Top 5 Best Laptops for Software Development in 2017
The best laptop for the purpose of software development must be one with a combination of power, performance, execution, light weight, long battery life and mobilility. A laptop should be with high configuration and low in weight which makes it a perfect laptop. B
ut for developers what matters the most is the speed of the laptop and its speed depend on its configuration. The basic features which are needed by a developer in a laptop to do his coding-decoding related work are:-
- Capacity of at least 1 TB HDD or 256 GB SSD
- A Modern Processor (Intel i5 or more)
- A Dedicated Graphic Card
- A Long Battery Life
- IPS Panels over TN boards
- RAM minimum 8 GB
These few basic requirements make a laptop compatible for the developers in which they can carry the task of coding and programming easily. I have found this blog too has ample information on programming laptops – LaptopForProgramming.
Here are the top 5 laptops for software development in 2017:-
It is the considered best laptop for gaming and programming purpose.
- Powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.1GHz)
- 6 inches Matte FHD display
- 1920 by 1080 resolution
- Windows 10 Operating System
- 8GB RAM
- 512GB SSD Storage
Acer aspire E5-573G
If you need a laptop for your programming task and your budget is low this is the best available option for you.
- 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U Processor
- 6 inch Full HD LED-backlit Display
- 8GB DDR3L Memory and 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce 940M with 2 GB of DDR3 VRAM
- One 2.0 USB port, three 3.0 USB port and an HDMI port
- 11ac Wi-Fi and HDMI Port with HDCP support
Apple MacBook Pro MJLQ2LL/A
I don’t need to say much about it. Its features itself tells you why you should go for it.
- GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 8 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM
- 256 GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 3-Inch (diagonal) LED-with retina display
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- OS X El Capitan, Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
HP Pavilion 13-s-128nr
It comes with all the features loaded and is going to help you perfectly in programming.
- i5-6200U Processor 2.3 GHz Turbo up to 2.8 GHz
- 8GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory and 128GB Solid-State Drive
- 3 inch WLED-backlit touch screen
- Up to 11 hours and 45 minutes of battery life
- 3 USB ports, two 3.0 and one 2.0 USB port.
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 450
It is a full ready package as it has a combination of all the required features plus it isn’t too costly.
- Intel Core i5-5200U Dual-Core Processor
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM with 1TB HDD
- 14 inch HD 1920 x 1080 resolution Screen
- 8GB RAM with 1TB HDD
- Wireless Bluetooth and has Gigabit Ethernet Connector
- HDMI port and 3.0 USB ports
Umesh regularly blogs about latest technologies and gadgets on his blog! He loves to interact with the audience and curious people who seek technical assistance. When not being busy in online works he loves to travel and explore new places.